An update on Woden’s regeneration
December 12, 2017
I am writing to update you on the progress of my campaign for urban regeneration in Woden Town Centre.
WODEN SURVEY RESULTS
The results are now in on the Woden Renewal Survey I have conducted since May regarding residents’ priorities for Woden Town Centre’s future:
- 69% of respondents stated that they would like to see old buildings in the Woden Town centre demolished or adapted.
- 40% of respondents wanted to see better quality development/ architecture.
- 36% of respondents wanted to see more parks and green spaces in the town centre.
I will be using the results to inform my advocacy on Woden’s regeneration.
NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN WODEN
There are several new developments which have been proposed or are under construction in Woden Town Centre:
Please complete the pre-development survey here
- The initial stages of consultation on Light Rail Stage 2 from the City to Woden have also concluded with a summary of the consultation now available. The preferred route, alignment and stops will inform the development of the business case.
- The ACT Government has introduced the new Green Rapid bus route, linking Woden to the City via Manuka and Barton operating every 15 minutes on weekdays from 7am to 7pm
- The ACT Government has also announced plans for a new Purple Rapid service next year linking Lanyon to the City via Woden, Hughes and Barton.
There is a growing sense of optimism about Woden’s future, and I will continue to advocate for the Woden community to deliver urban regeneration in our Town Centre.
If there are any other local or ACT Government matters I can assist with, please do not hesitate to get in contact.
Chris Steel MLA